Donald Good <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 10:54:24 -0500
As a GroupWise admin, I would like to clarify slightly.  The system default for
the GroupWise Internet mail gateway is usually set up for Mime delivery of
attachments.  This message is coming from GroupWise.  The Novell
recommended setup is for the admin to create an alias to the gateway so that
the user can select uuencoding of attachments.  For example:
To send via the Mime default:
"[log in to unmask]"@INTERNET
but to send with uuencode instead:
"[log in to unmask]"@UUENCODE
This is a very easy alias setup for the GW admin.  The only caveat is that the
user must specify this on a per message basis, and in the case of a reply, the
user must replace the @INTERNET in the to field with @UUENCODE.  Note
that the @INTERNET and @UUENCODE are the aliases that I created at
my company.

>>> Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]> 09/07 12:41 PM  wrote>>>
On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Clark Pickett wrote:

                  <stuff about Mime snipped>

>In addition, you will also frequently see quoted-printable messages
>from Novell GroupWise users.  Regretfully, you will probably have to
>put up with them, because, as I have been told, the
>encoding/formatting options are set by the system administrator and
>are not individually configurable.

As a former GroupWise user I can confirm that.  There is nothing an
individual user can do to change it either way.  You either have to
live with it or ban users who are unlucky enough to have their
organization use GroupWise for e-mail.

Dennis