Jason Rasku <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:45:01 -0700
On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Paul Maddox wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Pete Weiss wrote:
>
> > I sent in a subscribe request 4 hours ago.  I believe the LISTSERV host
> > Still NO RESPONSE.
>
> Oh, sorry. My server is running on a dial-up connection.

        This should not mean that a person has to wait 4 hours for a
responce.  Mind you, with some of the lists that I have subscribed, 4
hours is nothing compared to the responce time that I have seen.

> Would you say this is a big disadvantage for a mailing list server?

        I would say that it does not need to be.  My lists are run on a
UUCP connection, but the most that you are LIKELY to have to wait for a
responce is ~1 hour.  That is if the server is up.  It was down for about
4 days and I didn't realise it...

                                                        Jason Rasku

--
Jason Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701,
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

Web pages of Interest:
Madness: <http://www.madnation.org/> <http://www.efn.org/~dendron>
         <http://www.peoplewho.org/Madness>
Fibre: <http://kootweb.com/trillium/trrasku/trrasku.html>
Spirituality: <mailto:[log in to unmask] sprits firstname lastname>

ICQ 6375239

The human race has been fascinated by sharks for as long as I can
remember.  Just like the bluebird feeding its young, or the spider
struggling to weave its perfect web, or the buttercup blooming in
spring, the shark reveals to us yet another of the infinite and
wonderful facets of nature, namely the facet that it can bite your head
off.  This causes us humans to feel a certain degree of awe.
                -- Dave Barry, "The Wonders of Sharks on TV"