Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:33:02 -0500
Change the list header from Send= Editor to Send= Editor,hold.  This gives you the ability of approving the messages with the "OK" mechanism.

At 12:31 PM -0500 11/17/04, Ian Fairclough wrote
>Dear LSTOWN-L readers,
>
>I recently became the editor of a LISTSERV list.  All messages submitted are
>reviewed, because the list is for notification, not discussion, and we wish
>to avoid unwanted postings.  So each time someone other than myself submits
>a posting, I get a message which says in part: "If you  simply forward it
>[i.e. their message] back  to the list, using a mail command that generates
>"Resent-" fields (ask your local user support or consult the documentation
>of your mail program if in doubt), it will be  distributed and  the
>explanations  you are  now  reading  will be  removed automatically."
>
>Can I do this using Microsoft Outlook?  Right now, all messages have to be
>edited to delete the words about approval, etc., and I have to reenter the
>list name in the "To" line.  Plus, everything sent out looks like it
>originated with me.   Our computer services people say this is a function of
>an individual e-mail system, but don't know the specific answer, if there is
>one.
>
>Thanks - Ian
>
>Ian Fairclough
>Listowner, DEWEYERROR list
>Marion Public Library

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors...but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
On my Mac, of course ;-)