"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Oct 1992 07:05:00 EDT
> Hello -- I am seeing bizarre messages and bounces coming out of
> clvax1.cl.msu.edu -- ...
>                                 ...    I tried forwarding some of this
> traffic to postmaster at this machine, but it all bounced.  Neither verify
> nor finger worked to identify an individual responsible for the machine.  I
> finally wrote to Lewis Greenberg who's listed in NIC as the Admin Contact for
> Mich State but have not received any reply. ...

I would try The Coordinator for CLVAX1, or the Domain Technical Contact
first.  (Here is some info abstracted from WHOIS at NIC.DDN.MIL)

Whois: michigan state
Michigan State University (CLVAX1) CLVAX1.CL.MSU.EDU        35.8.2.1
Michigan State University (MSU-DOM)           MSU.EDU
Whois: !clvax1
Michigan State University (CLVAX1)
   Building 35 Room 208
   220 Computer Center
   East Lansing, MI 48824

   Hostname: CLVAX1.CL.MSU.EDU
   Nicknames: CLVAX1.MSU.EDU
   Address: 35.8.2.1
   System: VAX-8650 running VMS

   Coordinator:
      Nelson, Doug  (DEN4)  [log in to unmask]
      (517) 353-2980

   Record last updated on 22-Aug-89.

Whois: !msu-dom
Michigan State University (MSU-DOM)
   220 Computer Center
   East Lansing, MI 48824

   Domain Name: MSU.EDU

   Administrative Contact:
      Greenberg, Lewis H.  (LHG4)  [log in to unmask]
      (517) 353-3390
   Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Nelson, Doug  (DEN4)  [log in to unmask]
      (517) 353-2980

   Record last updated on 19-May-87.

/Pete - Penn State U