"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Oct 1992 12:32:05 EDT
Hello again,

   ...  and thanks for the many  responses, especially from Eric who had
mail in my RDR within 5 minutes!

   I fully understand  why the mail was rejected -  because of the From:
line in the mail,  and I have no problem with that  except that I didn't
see why a properly quoted (with the  > in front) line should be taken as
a reject.

   However, I am sure  that I have never seen a  rejected mail item that
has had the error  prefixed with the > sign.  Having  said that, I think
that within 2 minutes, some Un*x site will prove that they can send back
mail like that on a regular basis :-).  And so ...

   I will just have to instruct the members of all my lists to make sure
they send mail that has not had this from line nonsense done to it.

   Thanks to all for your assistance.

/Geert