Sat, 14 Sep 1996 03:13:03 -0500
On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Stan Ryckman wrote:
> Douglas Winship wrote:
> [scissors actively used here]
> > And then you have those at institutions
> > which only grudgingly allow their people to subscribe to professional
> > lists and if there is any funny bussiness, that's it, no lists.
>
> WOW!
>
> Sound like great places not to work!  Are there any such in the '90s?

Believe it.  As an example, one of our subscribers, from the very
begining of the list, was very active.  Four or five years ago she
got a new job.  Her new employer sees no benefit in professional
discussion lists.  She can subscribe, and scan the material quickly,
but dares not reply to anything as it may cost her her job.  If I send
her a note directly she will send me a very brief reply, but it must be
very brief and quick, lest she get in trouble.  I still miss her active
presence on the list.  She was a valuable asset to the list.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L