Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:37:32 -0400
Russ, don't be relieved.  This protection *ONLY* applies to the web interface!!!  Ben Parker wrote earlier about this thread:

"The feature being discussed here <[log in to unmask]> applies only to
viewing the list message archives via the WWW interface for lists with
Notebook= ..., Public.   List message archives requested by email
commands will show the actual email addresses."

A non-subscriber can GET or SEARCH the archives with e-mail commands and see all the e-mail addresses.  This would be a better way to harvest addresses anyway if that was your intent.  Of course a crawler wouldn't normally do this.

At 11:36 AM -0300 6/22/06, Russ Hunt wrote

--
Some minds are like concrete: thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)