Anthea Tillyer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Jul 1994 17:34:48 EDT
Can auto-delete be turned off in the 1.8a version of LISTSERV?  I certainly
hope so.

I have found that almost all error messages are themselves full of
"erroneous" information about why the message bounced.  For example, some
users on my list are declared "no such user" just about every summer
weekend. And I find that almost all the hosts in the UK mysteriously
become "unknown" on many weekends.  And so on.....I'm sure every list
owner has the same experience.

Consequently, we never delete anyone...we just set them to nomail.
Peace,
Anthea Tillyer
City University of New York