"Stephen W. Thompson - U. of Penn." <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 10:34:38 -0500
Doug "Goes beyond the call of duty :-)" Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> So I switch to Elm and use the "bounce" feature.  Unless they study
> the full header the subscribers never know it came through me.
> Drawback is I don't get a copy of the message when it is distributed,
> even though I'm subscribed.  Eric explained it to me (he set up a test
> list at SEARN for me to try it out and he could see what was happening)
> but I don't remember the details, something about an improper Resent:
> field or something like that.  But it does work reasonably well.

I (but not my 3 co-owners, to my knowledge) have the same problem of not
getting a copy of the bounced message.  I needed the confirmation of
distribution so much that I'm now subscribed twice to the list:

   [log in to unmask] (Nomail), and
   [log in to unmask] (Mail).

Not everyone's system will allow such gamesplaying, but it helps me to know
that the message *actually got thru*.

En paz,
Steve
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236
E-mail (MIME): [log in to unmask] (http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~st/st.html)