Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:16:53 -0500
On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, John Witherspoon wrote:
> Have you ever wished your list could automatically reject posts with more
> than a certain ratio of old, quoted material (as determined by lines that
> started with either > or | characters) to new, original material?

I imagine that any listowner who has repeatedly cajoled, pleaded, begged
that subscribers stop the totally useless wholesale quoting has at times
wished for that.  I certainly have, though I've never asked for it.
Of course, the subscribers will NOT like it.

Used to have a particular local gateway subbed to AUTOCAT which routinely
returned as an error any posting which contained 65% or more quoting.
*Lots* of error messages from that site.           Douglas