Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Jun 2015 11:27:40 -0400
On 6/27/2015 11:07, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> After >20y and >3000 subscribers, we now wish to allow attachments.  We changed the config file to read
> attachments=yes
> from a "no" setting.  Still, subscribers cannot post attachments.  We also have a line limit of 100
> lines to keep people from copying the entire digest into their replies (>90% of subscribers use the
> digest).  Could that be the problem?  Does the line limit apply to the attachment?

Yes and Yes.

Attachments are encoded into printable characters and this will magnify the messages line count.
There is also some overhead caused by the MIME headers that are metadata.

[Now your subscriber recipients will need to manage their private attachment folders e.g., dups (which
is current?), attachments included as REPLY, etc.  I've had OK luck w/ third-party storage e.g.,
Dropbox, Google Drive.  YMMV /pmw1]