"Daniel P. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:30:50 -0400
I've got a request for a list recipe that's new to me, after all the time
that we've been running listserv.  The customer needs a mailing list that
has two unique features:

(1) All subscribers need to be set to NOPOST,DIGEST except for the list
managers themselves.  No subscribers should be able to reset the DIGEST
option.  I.E., I need a method to lock down subscription options.

(2) Digests need to be distributed only during the early morning hours of
the business week (Mon-Fri between 02:00-04:00).  Any posts made to the list
by the moderators on Friday should be held across the weekend and not
distributed until early Monday morning.

Do-able?  Or should I just shoot myself now??  I'd be most grateful for any
helpful pointers on the first two questions -- I'll consider the utility of
the last one depending on the other answers... :-)

Many thanks!

-dan.

Daniel P. Martin / Manager, Open Systems Support
University of Arkansas - Computing Services