Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 11 May 1997 19:25:31 -0500
On 11 May 97 15:46:38 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>Sender:       LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>
>From:         Jan Howard <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      [LSTOWN-L] subject line identification
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>Hi
>I have a new list at St. Johns. I have seen (on other lists) that they
>have a way of idenitying their mail in their subject line, i.e.
>        Subject: [LISTNAME] topic
>How can I put [LPT] in my subject line?
>
>TIA!
>Jan Howard
>NETPSY-LPT

If you just want the default listname, all you have to do is have each
list subscriber that wants it to do the following command.

        set listname subj

That adds the default name in brackets as this:

        Re: [LSTOWN-L] subject line identification

If you want something else, then you have to put a line in your header
with a get and put command. I am not sure exactly how the line is
worded but it is something like

        tag=YourWords

This may not be exactly correct. Maybe some else will let us know of
the exact line needed.

--
Bill Harrison