Chris Pitts <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 11:49:02 GMT
Mary wrote:

> I run several lists using the L-Soft ListServ software.
> Someone told me that you could create a footer that
> would print at the bottom of every message, such as
> a reminder of some sort.  I've read all the documentation
> I can find and cannot locate this feature.
>
> Does it exist?  Can someone direct me as to how to
> do it.

It does indeed exist - you need to get at the templates for your list (see
the List Owner's Manual for LISTSERV version 1.8b, section 9.  You're after
the BOTTOM_BANNER template).

Now the problem - I have never been able to get hold of the mail templates
from my list - I guess I just can't get my brain around the message syntax
to do this.  Has anyone done this?  Can they give a step-by-step idiot
guide?

Chris
listowner, acorn-l
--
Chris Pitts ([log in to unmask])       Tel +44 (0)1223 518580
Acorn Online Media, Cambridge, UK         Fax +44 (0)1223 518520

... How's this for diplomacy?  Shoot them all!  --Kirk