Karen Isaacson <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Dec 1995 10:27:21 PST
I own (with others) two mailing lists on the MAIL.EWORLD.COM LISTSERV.
One (GENMTD-L) is moderated (Send= Editor), and I have been able to
specify in the list's MAILTPL the message I want people to receive when
they post to the list.  The POST_EDITOR message, in other words.  No
problem, this has worked quite well and as documented.

The other is ROOTS-L, which is being experimently shifted to
Send= Editor,Hold.  (If people hate it, we'll go back to Send=Public.)
The problem is, although I've revised the ROOTS-L MAILTPL in the
same manner as I did the GENMTD-L one (at one stage, literally
copying the one to the other), the default POST_EDITOR message
continues to be sent instead of the one I've written.  Can one
only overwrite the POST_EDITOR message in the case of Send=Editor
but not Send=Editor,Hold?  Is there a POST_EDITOR2 message (or
whatever) that is being sent instead that I can tweak?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Karen

P.S. For the case-sensitive moderator/editor addresses, I ended
up using the syntax Moderator="[log in to unmask]" and that
convinced the LISTSERV to stop sending stuff to DEBBIE and to
send it to debbie instead...  This is such a learning experience.  ;-)