Fri, 13 Sep 1996 00:26:44 -0500
> preparation for the removal of our VM system from service.  (*sniff*)

Yesterday they had a little ceremony at the sate library (my wife is
head of tech services so was there and told me about it) to shut down
the system that had run the OPAC for four years.  My wife's computer
person (who is also named Holly, and cute as can be) inserted the key
and turned it. The various indicator lights blinked out in sequence
and the poor thing passed peacefully to rest.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L