Wed, 24 Jun 2020 11:55:45 -0400
 From a programmer viewpoint this is an incredibly difficult problem,
especially with the variable "click to unsubscribe" feature (among other
things) which means the banner content is never the same from one
message to another.

And depending on the end-user email client software, the banner might
not even look the same when it comes back to the list host, text
elements could be split up and have new formatting instructions inserted.

The "customary response" is: train your list participants to trim their
message before sending.