Russell Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Mar 2018 19:02:42 +0000
Is it possible that the ones for whom it doesn't work have independently set their preferences to NOACK or NOREPRO? I've never tried to override a subscriber's preferences, but that's partly because I wouldn't expect to be able to.

-- Russ

-- Russ Hunt
Professor Emeritus of English
St. Thomas University
http://www.stu.ca/~hunt

Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 12:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: command worked for some subscribers, but not for others

Hello LSTOWN L  readers,

I'm trying to get it so that all subscribers to a list (approx. 2,000 of them) receive copies of their own postings.  So I sent this command:

quiet set [listname] repro for *.* [password]

My understanding is that *.* is supposed to act on all subscribers.  It worked for some subscribers, but not for others.  Am I missing something here?

-          Ian

Ian Fairclough
George Mason University
703-993-2938