Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Feb 2017 01:02:36 -0700
On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 23:05:52 -0700, Anita Cohen-Williams <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I am told that L-Soft has a complete backup copy of the archives for Histarch,

L-Soft does not have copies of lists or archives not hosted at L-Soft.  We
have only a Catalist listing of the existance of a list hosted somewhere
else.  We do not have access to copies of list message archives or list
subscribers of lists hosted elsewhere than at L-Soft.  (This would be a huge
security issue if we did.)

>and that ASU is going to try and retrieve it.

They will have to retrieve the list and its archives from their own backups.
If this can be done then a new home for the list/archives might be found if
ASU doesn't want to continue to host it.