Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:36:17 -0500
On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Nathan Brindle wrote:

> Quite frankly I don't know why you'd do this but I suppose there's a
> reason :)  It doesn't speed up searches.

Jim did it because Judith had been talking to Birdie MacLenan, owner
of SERIALST U. of Vermont and Birdie said the web searching was really
slow.  Judith mentioned this to Jim and he just went ahead and split
up the archives.

If it truly makes no difference (it couldn't be musch slower) there is
no reason not to put the files back in the proper place so they are all
searchable, the ideal solution I was looking for.

You willing to back me up on this when I ask Jim to reassemble the
archives, Nathan?

Douglas