Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 13:55:17 -0400
Poster:       Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>

>Every now and then a message comes through my list (OPERA-L) which contains
>an expletive.  With a passionate group such as opera lovers, I

Goodness gracious!  OPERA lovers?  Surely not -- unless they SING it,
preferably in Italian!  <grin>

What I think you need is not anything automagic -- just set the list to
manual subscription (so people can't subscribe themselves automatically), a
closed list (only listmember postings accepted), and a firmly stated policy
against one-liners, most especially one-liners of an offensive nature.  One
warning, perhaps, then unsubscribe the transgressors and don't let them
back on until they apologize and promise not to do it again.  No second
chances.  Keep that up for just a little while, and your list will come to
heel very nicely.

Mario Rups