Pat Letendre <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Dec 1994 16:48:48 -0700
Hi,Ivy,
I'm not sure how things are going, but it must be tough when you are
carrying both me and the postmaster on your back.  I'm wondering if the
message in a famous Kenny Rogers' tune, "The Gambler" is appropriate
now,i.e., "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em"? I'm
extremely grateful andt want you to know that I will sure understand if you
want to drop out of  this project now.

Please let me explain why it is important for me to know how to add a
special welcome list and other files to a listserv. It's not so much for
MEDLAB-L(although I would use them for this group if this became
possible).It's mainly for a continuing education(CE) course I plan to give
over the Internet. A separate listserv will exist for each module in the
course and I want students to get a special welcome message for each module
plus be able to retrieve various files(e.g.,assignments). So far I have
created one listserv(for Module #1) called MLONE-L,and I am the only
member. I was hoping that once I learned how to add files to MEDLAB-L, I
would be able to proceed independently with MLONE-L and the other listserv
modules for the CE course.

Ivy, would you like to drop out of  helping me now? If so, no problem. Or
do you want to carry on with the MEDLAB-L filelist? Or do you want me to
ask Liz to make a filelist for MLONE-L(it has no logs or anything else yet)
and then use it as an experiment to try things out on?

I am feeling extremely guilty about asking you to help me in the first
place. Is it time to "fold 'em"? Best regards,Pat

"Round up the usual suspects."
-Captain Louis Renault