Wed, 3 Dec 1997 18:50:19 GMT
On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:01:23 +0000, in message:
<[log in to unmask]>, Alan Thew
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> PMFJI, but we would like to have messages from various sendmails
> around the world which tell us that mail has not been sent for 4
> hours/whatever, trashed.

        This used to be set up so that if a message could not be sent
for 2 or 3 days you got this message.  I SUGEST that whenever you get
the message indicating that a message can not be delivered for 4 hours
you contact the postmaster at the originating host (of the warning
message), indicating that 4 hours is an incredibly short time for a
message to not be delivered for.

> If (dare I say) LISTSERV could use horrible things like Precedence:
> bulk this is one way of ensuring that these messages are never sent by
> the originating sendmails. Any other suggestions of methods to combat
> this issue will be warmly received.

        I'm not sure how that would work, but if a place is setup
correctly it should not send warning messages.  Could be a very good
idea...

                                        Jason Rasku

--
Intrested in hand made textiles and more?
Visit <http://kootweb.com/trillium/trrasku/trrasku.html>