Aldo-Pier Solari <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 18:26:14 GMT
Dear Senior Lstownrs,

I do not know what is happening  right now but I am receiving around
250-300 bounces a day [FISH-ECOLOGY, subs.  circa 1100, traffic  for
the moment circa 15/20 day].

It seems "every one" is bouncing: .ZA, .AU, .NZ, .TW, .TH, .PT, .UK,
.EDU,  .ORG  ...   etc- just a mess and almost impossible to keep up
with the bounces.

(1) I collected the bouncing  addreses  and  set them to nomail; did
not solve anything; (2) I had to drop 20-30 subscribers; did neither
solve the problem.

I keep getting  the  bounces  from  other  new  sites.   This  seems
impossible to get it down to cero.

I  would  need some advice on strategies to get rid of this problem.
Furthermore: What are the  normal  bouncing  figures for other circa
1100  lists  ?-  Do  I  have  to  live   with   the,   say,   "10-15
sites/addresses  bouncing every day + nothing-to-do about it kind of
solution" ?.

Friday night-Saturday=4 Megabytes of lines to read.
Back to work :-)

    AP