"Pauline M. Gabriel" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:47:29 -0500
On 14 Sep 00, at 16:13, Nathan Brindle wrote:

> >> This really isn't a function of Listserv, per se.
> >
> >I swore I read it somewhere that you could send out a file monthly,
> >or every 15 days (I think that was the example) with things like
> >this.  I don't recall the command etc, or I would look up the
> >specifics.  Anyone care to give it a shot?
>
> You can't do it with LISTSERV commands :)

Not to argue with you Nathan, but this is the section I was thinking
about (I recalled this from the example the manual used):

9.8.2. Rotating FAQ via the PROBE1 template and "Renewal= xx-
Daily"

That was the section/command I was thinking about, I just wasn't
sure what it was called.....but I knew it was in the manual
somewhere, so I just had to find it. ;)

So, now that you know what on earth I am talking about/refering
to....there is still one problem with this 'example', if I am thinking
rightly. (please let me know if I am right, or correct me if I am
wrong in my thinking).  The problem lays in that listserv only
probes those that aren't active.  Right?  Now, in the appendix, the
Renewal= has an example with an 'absolute date'.  Could you
concievable set this to being "01/01,02/01,03/01....11/01,12/01"
and have it send out a probe to everyone on the list on the first of
the month?  That is how I read the manual, can you let me know if
that is indeed how it would work?

Thanx.
Pauline M. Gabriel               [log in to unmask]
i-barc,smalldogs,dog-rescue,pegasus-lstowners Listowner
to keep up-to-date with our expectant first child
Contents of this message are covered by copyright by
the author, and may NOT be forwarded, or quoted without
express written permission.