Fri, 19 Nov 2004 05:13:10 -0800
--- Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, martin wrote:
> > I'm pretty new to the listserve and am trying to
> > create an announce only list.  When I try and
> post, I
> > am rejected even though I am an owner.

<SNIP>

> Have you checked to see if you are set NOPOST?  Do a
> QUERY listname
> to check.  If you are set NOPOST, your list's
> default, do a POST
> command for yourself.  NOPOST, far as I know,
> doesn't care whether
> you are listed as OWNER= or not, only is your
> address set POST/NOPOST.
>
> That is what I would check first, given the NOPOST
> list default.
> Another, have you been served out?
>
> Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]

That was it.  Thanks Douglas.  Interesting - I
wouldn't have thought the owner would be over-rules by
the subscriber rules - Sounds like the owner isn't God
on the listserv.

A follow-up issue.  I added several names (testing),
some real and some false and set the list to:-

Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(0)

This is supposed to be (according to the docs)
immediate delete of user unknown , mail box doesn't
exist etc. subscribers.

I received the bounces at postmaster of the users that
didn't exist, but when I check subscribers, they are
still listed.

Regards...