Sun, 17 Sep 2000 22:02:20 -0700
On Sep 17,  8:38pm, Larry Ermis wrote:

} I am a new owner of a LISTSERV discussion group.

Welcome to the madhouse. :-)

} What is the proper method of sending file attachments to
} the subscribers?  I receive a REJECT message when
} trying to attach MS Word 7 files.  My SIZELIM = 200.

Since anything but a tiny attachment will go over 200 lines,  that would
do it.  Also see if you have a line in the header like:

   * Attachments= No
or
   * Attachments= No, filter

The first will reject messages with attachments,  the second will strip
them off.  (This keyword only works in the newest versions of Listserv.)

Are you sure you want attachments?  Most lists don't.  If you are sure,
raise (or remove) the sizelim and (if present) remove the * Attachments=
line.  Your list will then be vulnerable to viruses that email
themselves,  so warn your subscribers to practice safe computing.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign rexx.com      +1 770-321-6507