Elena Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 13:56:02 EDT
Hello all,

    This is the party you have been waiting for ! L-Soft is sponsoring a 24hr
world-wide party to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of LISTSERV. This is a
great opportunity for you to get to know the people which you "talk" to on a
daily basis.  The party date has been scheduled for: Thursday, Oct 24th, 1996.

     A LISTSERV list will be set up for the coordination, scheduling, and
general discussion of the parties. Join the list to find out which parties
are planned in your area, exchange tips and ideas, or why not organize your
own party !  The lisst is called LISTSERV-PARTY and is hosted at
peach.ease.lsoft.com.  The list will also be used on the day of the party to
see what people on the other side of the world are doing at their party.

     THE DC PARTY

     L-Soft will also be organizing a party near its headquarters in Landover,
MD.  While you are all invited, we ask that you register in advance by sending
mail to: [log in to unmask]  We will have pizza, beer, sodas, and all kinds of
goodies.  We will also be giving free 10th anniversary t-shirts to all the
participants! Be sure to register in advance so that we can plan for the right
number of guests.

     How to organize your own party....

     List owners are encouraged to organize their own 10th anniversary parties,
and to get the word out to those in their areas.  Parties can be site based,
list based, or a combination of the two.

     We ask that you take pictures at your party and either e-mail us a scanned
GIF or JPG file, or just send us a few prints by snail mail so that we can
scan them for you. We will put a few pictures from each party on our web site.
Don't forget to tell us who the people in the pictures are, and any stories
that you may want to see on the web page to illustrate the pictures !

     By submitting pictures and stories you are giving L-Soft express
permission to publish the pictures and stories on our web site. At least one
of the pictures must feature someone wearing a (free) L-Soft shirt.

     Please see the web site for full entry and reimbursement guidelines, and
we look forward to partying with you !!!