Fri, 22 Jul 1994 19:28:40 -0500
Ok, I tried AFD again using a generic ft, and I got exactly the same
response as when I tried using the double wildcards.  I cannot find
anything in any documentation that says a password is needed.

From [log in to unmask] Fri Jul 22 19:19:44 1994
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 20:15:27 -0400
From: L-Soft list server at UBVM <[log in to unmask]>
To: Douglas Winship <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Output of your job "winship"

> AFD ADD * REPORT AUTOCAT F=MAIL
The  AFD command  requires  password validation  when  issued from  remote
locations. Please specify  a "PW=" keyword. Acceptable  passwords are: the
list creation password ("createpw"), the system file modification password
("storepw")  and your  personal password  (obtained through  the "PW  ADD"
command).
Am I doing something wrong?

Most subscribers do not have passwords and are not going to like having
to establish them to use this feature.

Advise will be appreciated.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner