Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:27:55 -0600
Hello all!

I have a question regarding the various header options available to
subscribers. The scenario is this:

LIST-A
LIST-B

user1
user2

User1 is a member of LIST-A and LIST-B, she can post to either. User2
is on LIST-B and is allowed to post to LIST-A. User1 has an important
message for users on LIST-A and LIST-B so she sends out a note with
both lists in the 'To:' field. User2 was in the same meeting and see
the message come across from LIST-B but, in looking at the default
display of headers, doesn't see LIST-A in the 'To:' field so he
forwards the message on to LIST-A thus getting it sent to the same
group twice and likely annoying many.

None of the HDR settings seem to alleviate this problem. Why is it
that in a message sent to a list with multiple entries in the 'To:'
comes across to list members as only being sent to the list? I realize
that those other recipients do show up in the 'X-To' field but show me
one casual user who will know how to find that let alone think to look
for it when passing along e-mail.

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this and have ALL recipients
displayed in the fields they should be on mail traffic to a given list?

Thanks so much for listening and helping if you can!

--
Mike Neuharth <[log in to unmask]>