Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 00:31:38 +0100
On Wed, 7 Dec 1994 13:50:09 EST Jim Bradley <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I just  set up  a sub_filter  exit on  a list  here and  discovered some
>syntax pecularities. The exit name is  UD-LEXIT EXEC and the name needed
>to be quoted in the list_exits parm  in local sysvars but didn't work if
>quoted in  the exit list  header keyword.  The header was  accepted with
>exit = 'ud-lexit exec', but the exit wasn't called.

The SYSVARS files  are processed by the REXX  interpreter (lines starting
with an asterisk are ignored). So the  rules are the same as for any REXX
program,  and indeed  you have  to  use quotes  if a  string contains  an
arithmetic operator.

In the list header, you just write the name of the exit:

* Exit= UD-LEXIT

>Also, LSVPUT  didn't work  for sending  the exit and  the file  the exit
>mails out to  Listserv--some message to the effect it  didn't know where
>to put them.

LSVPUT is a single  interface to two commands, PUT and  PUTC. You use PUT
to update LISTSERV  files (agendas, notebooks, etc). To  update CMS files
that aren't  available via GET,  you must  use PUTC. So,  LSVPUT UD-LEXIT
EXEC A (PUTC should work.

  Eric