"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 8 Dec 1996 09:34:00 EST
>How is this possible?  Shouldn't LISTSERV have deleted the subscriber by
>now?

>>The following 1 subscriber is currently being monitored:
>>
>>Err First Last  Address
>>--- ----- ----- -------
>> 43 12/02 12/07 Mark Vellacott <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subscribers will be automatically deleted from the list when delivery errors
>>have been  reported for  a period  of 2 days  or more,  or when  10 delivery
>>errors have  been received,  whichever occurs  first. Monitoring  will cease
>>after 3 days without any reported error.

Getting a Daily Error Monitor report does NOT mean that the

1) userid@host per se is subscribed

2) userid@host per se was ever subscribed

3) errors will continue

4) errors will stop

Please SCAN or REVIEW your list of subscribers for names or
userids or hostnames similar to this one.  Maybe a
forwarding error is in effect?  Maybe a redistribution list
is in effect?

If you can't figure it out, I recommend that you temporarily
remove your D.E.M. so that you can see the full headers of
the bounce and use that for additional problem source ID.

If that does not do it, use LISTSERV Distribute MAIL to
generate an individual e-mail (mail/merge) to each
subscriber.

If that does not do it, then contact the bouncing site's
postmaster for additional help in inspecting the SMTP server
logs.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                "I get paid by the millisecond"