Larry Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 19:03:49 -0500
Howdy, Folks!

My name's Larry Clark, and I'm a Professor of English at Tomball College
(near Houston).  I've been lurking on this list for several weeks, and have
learned a lot, but now I've finally got a question!

I have set up (well, a nice man in the computer services office set up) two
listservs for my literature classes.  I have been teaching lit classes via
modem with a local BBS for three years now, but this is my first semester
offering a course on the net.

Anyway, when I set up the list, I answered "yes" to two questions: 1) do I
want a confirmation every time someone joins the list, and 2) do I want the
sender's message to be sent back to the sender as well as the rest of the
members of the list.

So far, I have received neither confirmations nor copies of the messages
which I have sent out.  Is there a command I can send which will enable
these two features?

Thanks,

Larry Clark
Professor of English
Tomball College

p.s.  the lists are GATSBY-L and AMLIT2-L, [log in to unmask]