Garth Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:56:52 -0700
Hello,

We recently installed a new mail server, now using Postfix rather than
Sendmail.  Since the installation, local subscribers no longer are receiving
the newsletter.

Specifics -
SuSE Linux 8.1 base system
Postfix 2.0.7
Listserv 1.8e
@computeruser.com subscribers not receiving newsletter.

The listserv.log shows the local subscribers being sent but the Postfix mail
log shows no record of them except for one user that bounces because she is
no longer an employee.  My Hotmail account does receive the newsletter.

Otherwise Postfix is working properly.  Other messages from Listserv are
being delivered locally (subscrition notices, daily error monitoring
reports, etc.)

Output of postconf -n is below.  Are there any special settings about
Listserv and Postfix?  Or is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Garth Gillespie
Computeruser.com

<snip>
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
content_filter =
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
default_process_limit = 150
defer_transports =
disable_dns_lookups = no
in_flow_delay = 0
inet_interfaces = $myhostname
mail_owner = postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
mailbox_size_limit = 151200000
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient,
envelope_recipient
masquerade_domains =
masquerade_exceptions = root
message_size_limit = 30240000
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain, mail.$mydomain,
www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain, pony.$mydomain
mydomain = computeruser.com
myhostname = mail.computeruser.com
mynetworks_style = subnet
myorigin = $mydomain
newaliases_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
qmgr_message_active_limit = 5000
qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/README_FILES
sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/samples
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = maildrop
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name ($mail_version)
smtpd_client_restrictions =
smtpd_helo_required = no
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
smtpd_sender_restrictions =
strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
</snip>