Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:27:19 -0500
>Many mail programs identify themselves in the header with an X-Mailer line.
> Here is a sample from four messages in my current IN box:

>Mozilla is really Netscape.  I can tell that the sender of the first
>message was using Netscape 3.01 on a Mac.
>
>                               Peace,  Dan

Of course, there are many mail programs which do not seem to identify anything
at all about themselves.  For example, I have yet to see any sort of
mailer identification from any person sending me e-mail from any of the
various supported mailer programs on our OpenVMS computer at Drew except
for Pine.  Neither All-In-1 nor VMSmail nor PMDF Mail seem to leave any
sort of tag as to the mailer which is being used.

Glenn