Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:29:06 -0700

At 2:10 PM -0400 10/26/99, Pete Weiss wrote:
>When/if you do broadcast to all 800+ lists' owners, please make sure you
>tell them who you are, why you are sending the message, why they are
>receiving the message including the fact that they are listed as an owner
>on one or more lists, where they can go for additional information, and
>perhaps as important, NOT to respond back to the 800+ lists' owners
>asking for additional information or why they are getting the message !

If I had to do this, I think I'd send a LISTS command to the server,
then copy it into my word processor and edit it by adding
[log in to unmask] to each list name, then subscribe that set of
addresses to a new broadcast-only list used specifically for these
announcements.  You can set that list up so that replies come to
directly to you.  Hopefully, using the generic <listname>-request
addresses will eliminate a lot of ongoing list upkeep, but I also
second Pete's suggestions regarding information to include in your
message.  Good luck!

Sherry Beauchamp
Listowner
ADOPTION and XCULTUREADOPT