Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 11:56:43 EDT
On Mon, 15 Jul 1996 20:28:00 EDT Shahrukh Merchant said:
>I have a few questions on setting a subscriber to nopost and/or review,
>which the manual did not clearly answer:
>
>1. Are the two settings isolated, i.e., if I set someone to "nopost" AND
>   "review", and then subsequently set to "post", will the "review" option
>   still remain in effect?

Yes, they're separate settings, not related.

>2. I assume that, in the above case, if nopost and review are both in
>   effect, that the effect will be that of "nopost", since it is the more
>   restrictive.  Correct?

Yes. :)  I'll make that more clear in the 1.8c manuals.

>3. In the case of review, the manual only says that the messages are
>   forwarded to the list editor or list owner for approval.  Well, which
>   one(s)?  My assumption is:
>   a. If Moderator is defined, it will rotate amongst moderators only;
>   b. If Editor (but not Moderator) is defined, it will send to the first-
>      listed Editor only;
>   c. If neither Editor nor Moderator is defined, it will send to ALL
>      non-quiet owners;
>   Is this correct?

a., yes; b., yes; c., LISTSERV won't let you store a list header with
Send= Editor and no Editor= defined, so this is moot.  I'll have to check
the manual on that, because it shouldn't say "list owner".  That must
have sneaked by me.  :)  Way back in the dark ages (1.7f) I think this
actually worked this way, but not anymore.

Nathan