"Leon D. Wald" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 10:22:19 -0600
Mike Ramundo wrote:
>Over the last 3 weeks, I've received a slew of rejected responses-to-
>confirmation-requests.  All of the responses have been addressed to
>owner-LISTSERV   They appear to be automated 'REPLY's ( i.e. sender
>appeared to type REPLY - not type the address from scratch)
>The only thing that they seem to have in common is that the FROM and/or
>first RECEIVE header has the string "MSMAIL" ... somewhere in it.....

I've been plagued with exactly the same problem. I think you are correct in
that MSMAIL does not supply the proper return address when a user selects
"REPLY". Is there any way we as list owners can deal with this efficiently
and automatically?

Leon

|  Leon D. Wald                      3M Company                |
|  [log in to unmask]                    Storage Media Laboratory  |
|  (612) 733-3223 (Voice)            3M Center, 235-3B-30      |
|  (612) 736-6843 (FAX)              St. Paul, MN 55144-1000   |
|    The opinions are mine ... and certainly don't represent   |
|         the official position of 3M or anyone else!          |