James Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Sep 1995 01:56:21 CDT
I am planning to split PMAIL into four sub-lists, each  which will feed
mail back to the main list.  (Yes, I tried Topics but it was unenforcable).
The four sub-lists will be PM-MAC, PM-DOS, PM-WIN and MERCURY.  Each new list
will have [log in to unmask] as a subscriber (set to NOPOST).   The list
PMAIL will  *not* have any of the new lists subscribed to it.

What I hope will happen is that someone will send a question to (say) the
list MERCURY which will then get distributed to the MERCURY list and the
PMAIL list (and thus to bit.listserv.pmail).

Questions:  Will the above example cause  my users to get the "duplicate post"
            error message from Listserv?  Has  someone done anything similar?
            What problems should I be aware of and/or look for?

Tia.

-- jf