Wed, 30 Dec 1992 09:46:06 -0400
We've been having bounce problems with one of our listmember's addresses --
notes to her bounce, so do notes to [log in to unmask]  We're setting her
nomail until we figure things out or the problem is resolved; meanwhile,
the question:

Can someone among you, in plain English, tell us what, exactly, "unknown
mailer error 5" is or might be?  Can you tell us (i.e. my co-listowners and
me) anything else revealed by the error message?  We can usually puzzle
things out, but this one has us stumped.

A simple reference to a listserv file will serve nicely, as well.  I'm not
yet done downloading and reading them all, but I'm working on it.  I may
just have missed the answer there.  I did do a log search, but "unknown
mailer error 5" doesn't seem to have been a previous topic of conversation.

*Is* there a list of numbered unknown mailer errors available?  Or are the
numbers not standardized?

The error message is appended.  The message itself was a tester sent
directly to the address, hence its apparent flippancy.

Thank you for your patience and for any answers you may be able to provide.

Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
co-listowner, arcana@unccvm

mail: Options MUST PRECEDE persons
554 <[log in to unmask]>... unknown mailer error 5