Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 12:35:13 MST
On Wed, 16 Mar 1994 14:07:49 ECT Martin Raish said:
>A subscriber asked to be added to my list without
>a surname in her address.  I tried, but the system

   so, put in an initial.  susi s   shouldn't be too offensive to her.
and who cares if it is even the 'real last initial'.

>person having two names, or at least an initial and
>a name.  Is this a requirement of LISTSERV?  If so,
>can I override it?

   I don't think you can override it.  I've registered several people who
have sent me direct requests (or requests to list) to subscribe wihout
telling me a name as    A Person    or   Some Body   or other variants.
So far, not a one of them has ever complained!

cyclops

  Dan Lester                          Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Network Information Coordinator     Bitnet:   ALILESTE@IDBSU
  Boise State University Library
  Boise, Idaho  83725                 In the kingdom of the blind, the
  208-385-1235                        one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus. 1523