Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:47:14 -0700
On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 10:28:37AM -0500, Chris Barnes wrote:

> #2 is really the tricky part as finding such a program is VERY difficult.
> The only one that *really* works well is Mailbook, which runs only on VM/CMS
> systems.  However, if your email is setup to use IMAP rather than POP, *and*
> you have shell access, you can use a program like Pegasus to forward those
> messages you don't have to edit, leaving those you need to tweak on the
> server.  Edit the /var/spool/mail/moderator-userid file (assuming a un*x
> system) being careful to edit the text and not mung-up the headers.  Then go
> back into Pegasus and send the modified messages.
>

> Geez, I really wish a Pop3/Imap client would allow a Resend/Bounce *and*
> allow the text to be edited first....

Have you looked at Mutt (http://www.mutt.org)? Mutt will let you do just
about anything with a message. Esc-e is a function much like bounce (which
Mutt also has), but it allows you to edit the message at will, including
the headers. If Resent* headers are required you can insert them. The
"From: ..." line is automatically set to the original sender. If you need
to set the envelope "From ", that can be done as well in the setup file.

Mutt is free, open source, has PGP/GPG support, is *nix only, and has a
very active users list. I don't know of any other MUA that comes close to
the capabilities Mutt has. It's text based, so GUI addicts probably won't
like it.

Regards,

-rex