"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 11:08:00 EST
Hopefully the network operations group of peach.ease.lsoft.com
are well aware that their SENDMAIL isn't as well as any other
IP-based service.  Since you have indicated that this appears to
be a routing problem

Going to the WHOIS db at Internic and entering the following
command:

whois net 163.179

produces:

NETCOM Online Communications Services (NET-NET-NETCOM)
   3031 Tisch Way
   San Jose, CA 95128

   Netname: NET-NETCOM
   Netnumber: 163.179.0.0

   Coordinator:
      Hood, Robert  (RH505)  [log in to unmask]
      (408) 983-1510

Of course e-mail to them might have difficulties too depending
upon, among others, which of the 9 MX it delivers to and if the
are affected by the routing loop.

BTW, thank you for doing the TRACEROUTE -- I was unaware that
that LISTSERV-peered host net was unavailable (though I knew that
mail through there was having difficulties).

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask] "This e-mail msg rated NC-17 -- age-proof req."