Mark Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 11:08:30 -0700
My question:

Can I as listowner increase the maximum number of output lines allowed in a
database search of the list archives?

Background information:

Recently, several people on my list didn't receive their daily digests.
Being good listmembers, they checked their subscriptions to be sure they
were set up right, and then waited a couple days in case there was a lag
somewhere.

Then they tried to get a copy of the log covering the relevant days.  Only
a partial log came back, with notice that the maximum number of output
lines had been exceeded.  So they tried send a database search that would
only send them one day's traffic, instead of the whole week.  They got the
same error.

From playing around, it seems that this maximum number is about 2000.  I
tried sending a database search with OUTLIM=5000 but that didn't change
anything.

So, can I as listowner increase the maximum number of output lines allowed
in a database search of the list archives?

I would really appreciate any help on this - I've been getting more
comments recently about this problem from listmembers.

Thanks for your time.

Mark

--
Mark Drake   [log in to unmask]
"A physician is not angry at the intemperance of a mad patient, nor does he