Wayne Chung <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:48:00 -0400
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:21:07 -0400, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>At 05:52 9/10/2007 Monday, Wayne Chung wrote:
>
>>The problem I'm having is the P value from the querystring which identify
>>the post isn't persistent due to indexing if a previous post in the archive
>>is deleted. Is there not way to identify a particular post? Has anyone
>>looked into this and found a solution?
>>
>>Also, I've noticed that the RSS feeds now have a summary of the post rather
>>than just displaying the From: Author. Is this a new feature in version 15.5
>>or a setting in version 15.0?
>
>Which version(s) of the feed (there are three: RSS 1, RSS 2, and ATOM) ?
>
>Not answering your questions, but ...
>
>Are your notebooks PUBLIC?
>
>Are your postings indexed by a third-party e.g., GOOGLE?
>
>Do your subscribers have any opinions about the availability of archives to
the public?

>/Pete

We are currently in the process of upgrading from version 14.5 to 15.0 so
using the evaluation version of Listserv 15.0 for testing/developing. Both
Atom and RSS 1 feeds only displays a link to the post (using Firefox to view
feeds). RSS2 in addition to the link, displays a From: Author as description
of the feed.

I've noticed on LSTOWN-L's RSS (Listserv15.5) that you get a preview of the
post for all feed types which started around mid August. Was mid August when
LSoft upgraded their service to version 15.5??

Postings are currently not being indexed by any third-party but we are in
discussion on whether to enable this for public lists.

Wayne