Russell Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 19:36:28 +0000
I’ve had a subscriber automatically unsubscribed for “repeated delivery error reports” which, as far as we can tell, are happening randomly. This also happened to her last May, and I re-subscribed her; it’s been okay since, till now.

She has checked with the local IT people (at Wilfrid Laurier University, where there are a number of other subscribers to the list to whom his hasn’t happened), and they say they have no idea why her address would be blocked.

Anybody have any suggestions for helping her? Pete Weiss, last May, offered three possible answers (<http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-peach.exe?A2=ind1705&L=LSTOWN-L&P=705>) but I didn’t understand #2 (which was “depending upon delivery timing and other vagaries, mail set to subscribers in the domain end up with using differernt "MX" hosts to deliver the mail.  Those MX hosts may have different anti-spam configs or services” – and didn’t know what to suggest to my subscriber.

I’m pasting the error message below. Any help gratefully received.

-- Russ

====

You have been automatically removed from the STLHE-L list (Forum for Teaching & Learning in Higher Education) as a result of repeated delivery error reports from your mail system. This decision was based on the list's automatic error monitoring policy and has not been reviewed or otherwise confirmed by a person. If you receive this message, then it means that something is wrong. While you are obviously able to receive mail, your mail system has been regularly reporting that your account did not exist, or that you were otherwise permanently unable to receive mail. Here is some information that may assist you or your local help desk in determining the cause of the problem:

- The failing address is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

- The first error was reported on 2017-09-07.

- Since then, a total of 4 delivery errors have been received.

- The last reported error was: 5.0.0 554 Service unavailable; Client host [listserv.unb.ca] blocked by dnsbl.cobion.com; 131.202.1.39

Please do not ignore this message. While you can re-subscribe to the list, it is important for you to report this problem to your mail administrator so that it can be solved. This problem is not specific to the STLHE-L list and may also affect your private mail. This means that you may have lost some private mail as well. Anyone trying to write to you during the same time frame might have received the same errors for the same reason.