"CLARKE, Paul (M23)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:43:38 +1000
In the manuals the DD is mentioned but there (at least I can't find) an
explanation of  the syntax. Below is an example from one of the manuals:

QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT
//X DD *
internet-address1 full_name
internet-address2 full_name
/*

I often use:
// JOB pw=#######
add listname internet-address1 full_name
add listname internet-address2 full_name
//EOJ

But I would love to be able to specify the listname and "add" on the first
line as well. I expect that the following should work:

add listname DD=X pw=######
//X DD *
internet-address1 full_name
internet-address2 full_name
/*

What I want to understand is what does DD stand for?
What the X and * has to do with it? and,
Why do some only need /* rather than //*

Paul.
  Paul Clarke
  Online Curriculum Information Project Officer
  Open Access Unit
  Gabba Towers
  Level 6, 411 Vulture Street
  Woolloongabba Brisbane Qld 4102