"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Apr 1992 20:08:19 CDT
> the use of an Internet-style address actually caused **slower** E-mail
> delivery, because mail for the Internet-style ID was sent (over several
> BITNET "hops") to the nearest BITNET-to-Internet gateway, whereas mail to
> the BITNET-style ID could have been directly delivered in **one** BITNET hop.

This is no doubt true in some cases but definitely not in all cases.
I've had double subscriptions to various lists to test the two systems
on many occasions.  For me, listserv mail via internet is much faster
than via bitnet 99.99% of the time.  By much faster, I mean that it is
almost always minutes faster, often hours faster, and many times DAYS
faster.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])