Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 23:28:04 -0500
Not that I've tried this or anything, but I would guess that if you
turn off passive probing for the list, then all subscribers would get
them based on the susbcription renewal period set for the list.  If
passive probing is turned on, all active posters will be passively
probed based on the interval specified (or defaulted) for passive
probes, and LISTSERV will need to send active probes only to the
lurkers; i.e. your experience below.

You turn passive probing off by coding Probe(0) in the Auto-Delete
keyword string, it is on by default if you have Auto-Delete set to Yes
and your list is less than around 2,000 subscribers.

Dennis