Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:42:12 -0500
On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, C. William Westerfield wrote:
> I have been a LISTSERV user since 1989.the system is in my blood, but I
> realize not everyone is like that so the list administrative team made sure
> that we put everything in as much non-technical language as we could.  We
> just don't see where we went wrong. Any suggestions for future transitions?

Primarily, you changed.

  I think Pete Weiss covered several points, but there is still the factor
that for many it does not matter how much you explain, or how you explain
it, they won't take the time to read and understand.  They can have the
instructions, in plain English, staring them in the face and still do the
wrong thing  - exactly what they are told NOT to do.  Therefore, the new
system is a lousy system - though likely they had the same problem with
the old system.

Douglas Winship   [log in to unmask]